Nicknames you have; why do you have them
I am a woman of many names. My given name is Sarah, but rarely does anyone actually call me by it… I am
- Meech/Meecha. From what I understand, Meech is a nick name of my middle name Michelle. I’ve been called this by my sibs and my mom since before I can remember.
- Bear. A short version of Sarah Bear of course.
- Sweetie Pie.
- Smarsma. I created my own “SM” language in elementary school and this was my name.
- Mom. I was given this nickname in high school for what I am going to call leadership qualities. Some might argue I was more of a bossy ring-leader.
- Pookie. Another high school nickname.
- Sar. That is a given.
- Ryck. This one sort of sucks as it makes me out to be a man.
- Sarita. People began calling me this once I went away to college. It has been passed and adopted by my friends in different circles.
- Sarah Michelle. Only if I’m in deep shit.
- Sas, Sasibell. Same as above. It grew out of the college years. Two friends started it and it has stuck.
- Babe. What the boy calls me.
- Rochester. Because people have to highlight what makes you different. Apparently, I have an accent that makes people wonder where I am from.
- Smiley. This is primarily a work nickname. I’m always trying to be happy and smiling. I’m honestly not that damn happy. I just want your money. Smiles get tips!
- Palin. I was at a party and once again someone was talking about my “accent.” A dumb girl thought I was from Alaska. Everyone laughed but then someone chimed in I kind of look like her. It stuck.